How do you kick off the last day of a three-day weekend - the unofficial start of summer?
In Weeksworld you make something sweet & special for breakfast, of course!
Strawberry Honey Butter - this pin (from B for Bel, tho' the original recipe comes from Half Baked) has been languishing on my "ASAP Pins" board for FAR too long.
I spotted these gems while racing thru Trader Joe's Saturday afternoon . . .
The time had come!
Strawberry Honey Butter
adapted from Half Baked - originally from Gourmet, May 1990
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled & halved
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Purée strawberries in food processor.
- Force purée through a fine sieve into a saucepan.
- Add honey and lemon juice and boil the mixture.
- Reduce heat & simmer until mixture thickens, 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Let strawberry mixture fully cool in refrigerator.
- Blend softened butter and strawberry mixture - a few pulses in a food processor or with stick blender.
Sunshine, a steaming cup of cappuccino & Starwberry Honey Butter on toasted whole wheat English muffins . . . the perfect start to our day.