- The next social media game changer?
- Just another cyber-based time killer?(a haven for the bored homemakers & procrastinator)
Does Pinterest...inspire & motivate or defeat & depress?
Local news, CNN, tech pundits and mom bloggers...seems like everyone is exploring & explaining this pinning explosion.
- TechCrunch reports Pinterest Hits 10 Million U.S. Monthly Uniques.
- Kristy, over on the Clever Girls Collective, posted the fact-filled and in-your-face "How to Stop Being a Pinterest Sexist".
- Scary Mommy recently proclaimed her position on pinning in her hilarious "Pin This" post, and announced she had closed her account.
Lil' ol' me jumped into the pinning parade a few months back - Pinterest...is there a 12-step program? - and I'm is still thoroughly enjoying the spectacle.
All this Pinterest hullabaloo reminds me of way back when, before her extended "vacation", when Miss Martha was the focus of much adoration and abhorrence - no one can be so perfect, or accomplish so much!
Why am I still a committed pinner?
(Hold on a second, someone's knocking on my door...it's two guys in white jackets, they say they've got a nifty jacket for me to try on.)
- It's oh so visually enticing! And I'm a visual girl!
- It inspires me to try new things & tackle neglected (and nagging) projects.
- No more stacks of dusty old mags (Martha, Cook's, etc) cluttering up my bookshelf, saved for some now forgotten idea or recipe!
So last week I spent a little time sifting through my boards (34), pins (600+) & likes (100+), and created a couple of new boards to help me put this fun new toy/tool to real use - ASAP Pins & Pins Accomplished.